The Plant Biotic Interactions Group at the Albrecht-von-Haller Institute for Plant Sciences, offers a Postdoc position in the area of plant molecular biology/ biochemistry (all genders welcome). The position should be filled by May 1, 2023, and is initially until October 31, 2024. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (TV-L 13, 100%).
The project is part of the DFG funded research grant “Molecular signals in and from parasitic plants” and includes the:
- identification of causal dalton mutations in the parasitic plant Phtheirospermum japonicum,
- targeted mutagenesis of Phtheirospermum japonicum genes by CRISPR-Cas9,
- measuring chlorophyll fluorescence by pulse amplitude modulated (PAM) fluorometry,
- generating transgenic parasitic plants and imaging of fluorescent transgenes during infections,
- genetic and molecular work in Arabidopsis thaliana,
- RNA-sequencing experiments,
- biochemical tracing of signal exchanges between host and parasite,
- protein purifications from bacteria, plants and yeasts,
- participation in general laboratory operations and duties, co-supervision of students.
- successfully completed a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in plant molecular biology/ biochemistry/ cell biology/ genetics,
- good knowledge of molecular biology, protein biochemistry and cell biology, including confocal microscopy,
- practical experiences in studying photosynthesis,
- excellent English (and German) language skills, both written and spoken,
- prior experiences in transcriptomics,
- experiences in handling radioactive substances,
- experiences in “mapping-by-sequencing”
Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.
The University is particularly committed to the professional participation of severely disabled employees and therefore welcomes applications from severely disabled people. In the case of equal qualifications, applications from people with severe disabilities will be given preference. A disability or equality is to be included in the application in order to protect the interests of the applicant.
For more information please contact Dr. Thomas Spallek directly via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0049-551-39177846. Please note: With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
And you are interested in the project? Then please upload your application, including your Ph.D. certificate, a letter of motivation, your CV, and the email addresses of two references until March 13, 2023, to the application portal of the University of Göttingen: https://obp.uni-goettingen.de/en-us/OBF/Index/73982 To find out more about the Plant Biotic Interactions Group visit: https://uni-goettingen.de/en/127791.html The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women.