This year, the IRD is seeking fifteen post-doctoral fellows in all fields of research conducted by the Institute with its partners in the South and in Overseas France.
The post-doctoral fellowships are public sector contracts that allow a young researcher to carry out research activities within the framework of a scientific project selected under this call for proposals. Applicants are invited to submit original projects that demonstrate an innovative approach to research in and with the South and Overseas Territories.
Projects relating to the IRD’s key priority challenges will be prioritised :
- Climate change.
- Geo-resources and sustainability.
- Coasts and the sea.
- Soil and land.
- Sustainable food systems.
- Sustainable cities.
- One health.
As well as projects related to four complementary and cross-disciplinary themes:
- Water as a shared resource.
- Risks and emergencies.
The post-doctoral fellows recruited may, in consultation with the management of their host institution and depending on the Institute’s financial resources, be given long-term assignments of between two and twelve months, or a minimum one-year assignment outside of France, in a country of the South or in Overseas France, to work on their project.
Post-doctoral fellowships are fixed-term, non-renewable 2-year public sector contracts, open to people who have held a doctorate for less than three years and who will have defended their thesis before 30 September 2023. These fellowships are open to researchers of French or foreign nationality.
Candidates are invited to discuss their proposal with one of the 80 research and research support units that may host them under the IRD’s main or secondary supervision.
The application must be sent by the candidate to the director of the IRD unit where the research will be carried out, at the latest on 31 March 2023 (midnight, metropolitan France time)
Your application, written in English or French, must include:
- A research proposal of 10,000 characters (not including spaces).
- A CV of maximum two pages, including a list of the five main publications and/or research products with scientific or societal impact.
- The PhD certificate or evidence of the date of the defence issued by the doctoral school.
- Deadline for applications: 31 March 2023.
- Results: 30 June 2023.
- Commencement of employment: during September 2023.