Postdoctoral Researcher for the study of root traits and microbiome in fruit tree systems adaptation to climate change for the Sustainable Plant Protection Program [ref. 35/23] IRTA is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher with a PhD related to Soil and Plant Microbiology to join the Sustainable Plant Protection Program and contribute to the project V400-V4257 ROOTBIOME.
We invite applications from ambitious candidates with relevant research experience and passion to conduct research and innovation activities on the role of soil and root microbiome in the adaptation of fruit trees facing drought conditions and root pathogenic infections. Head of the Program: Dr. Jordi Riudavets, Program’s key researcher/s for this position: Dr. Cinta Calvet, Dr. Xavier Parladé and Dr. Carme Biel, Job location: IRTA Cabrils, Full-time position: 37.5 h/week
Terms of appointment: Temporary contract for 2 years, Gross Salary: 32,279,50€/year corresponding to category F at IRTA’s salary scale. Employee Benefits: 22 vacation days, 3 days of family & work conciliation, 45h of personal days, Friday afternoon off, Compressed Summer schedule from 15/06 to 15/09, Work/Family conciliation schedule.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the activities of the research Program to ensure the achievement of milestones of research projects.
- Conduct literature review, data collection and its management, including statistical analysis.
- Contribute to the scientific production of the research and innovation activities of the Program.
- Foster collaboration with other research Programs at IRTA.
Required qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Soil Microbiology, Biotechnology, or related fields.
- Proven experience in molecular tools and bioinformatics for soil microbiome diversity analyses.
- A good track record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proved research skills in experimental design and implementation and data analyses.
- Dissemination skills: presentation/communication skills, and scientific writing.
- Knowledge on the management of fruit tree species will be valued.
- Knowledge on root rot pathogenic fungi will be valued.
- Good level of English. Both spoken and written.
- Catalan and Spanish are valued.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please, apply via our Recruitment Platform to the job post with reference 35/23 and upload your CV and motivation letter. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline for application: 05/04/2023