The Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI MP) located in Potsdam is seeking, for the earliest possible date and for a period of two years, to strengthen the cell biology-based approaches a highly motivated and service-oriented Imaging specialist (m/f/d) who will become part of the microscope facility supporting imaging projects.
The MPI MP conducts fundamental research on understanding plant growth and development. The microscopy facility supports over 100 researchers with access to advanced light and electron microscopy technology in addition to developing novel imaging techniques for studying living and fixed cells.
- Support of daily facility operation
- Supporting users with project design, sample preparation, data acquisition
- Interpreting images and scientific results in collaboration with users to propose and perform subsequent experiments and procedures
- Assist in trainings, teaching, organizing technical workshops and outreach
- Developing and modifying maintenance protocols on a regular basis, interpreting quality control information and initiating repairs if necessary, documenting all equipment service
- Support and development of advanced quantitative light microscopy-based workflows & data handling (Multiphoton, Spinning Disk, FLIM, FRAP)
- Operation and support of immuno-histochemical studies (Sample preparation, embedding, sectioning and immuno-labelling)
- Participate in image analysis projects and support research projects by providing microscopy services on a high-end level
- Master or doctoral degree in biological sciences or a related discipline
- Advanced hands on experience in using advanced light microscopes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing
- Initially limited position for two years of being made permanent in the case of a successful evaluation
- Remuneration is based on qualifications and professional experience according to the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD-Bund)
- 30 days of vacation, annual special payment and a pension plan (VBL)
- Possibility of childcare at the Fröbel kindergarten near campus
- Free parking on campus
- Good public transport connections
- A campus canteen with a wide variety of food
- Sports offers and discounts for „Hochschulsport Potsdam”
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society endeavors to achieve gender equality and diversity.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receive your application documents (a cover letter clearly explaining your experience and your fit to the advertised position, a CV, and names of three referees) by 30.04.2023 under the refence number 06/23.
Alternatively, you can send the application by mail.
If you have any questions, please contact us with the above reference number to: email@example.com.