At the Northwest German Forest Research Institute (NW-FVA) – a joint institution of the states of Hesse, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein – the project “Situative Watering in the forests of the Hessian Ried to secure and restore nature-friendly used moist oak-hornbeam forests (SiZuRi)” in the subject area of intensive environmental monitoring of the department of environmental control scientific assistant (m/f/d) to be filled at the earliest possible date until May 31, 2024 with 85% of the position. An extension is sought.
- Continuation of the operation of a field measuring system to record soil water availability and impact-related parameters
- Evaluation of soil and inventory records
- Continuation of the survey of soil hydrological status variables and vitality indicators
- Based on preliminary work, parameterization of a forest hydrological simulation model to describe the soil water balance; Simulation of the water balance under the influence of inflow and climate change
- Coordination of the project and coordination with the contractors
- Preparation of scientific publications and reports for the project
- A university degree in forestry, environmental or geosciences, hydrology or a comparable subject, completed with a master’s or diploma
- Outstanding knowledge and experience in dealing with the landscape water balance, if possible with forest ecosystems
- Knowledge and experience in hydrological modelling, preferably with the LWF-Brook90 model
- Knowledge of location, soil and vegetation
- Good knowledge of statistics, preferably in the statistical software R, and of
- geographic information systems
- Confident demeanor
- Flexibility and resilience
- Willingness to go on business trips lasting several days
- License to drive a car
A result-oriented way of working and a high degree of quality of work as well as initiative, independent action and a willingness to take responsibility within the scope of the task are required.
Applicants should have good organizational skills, a high level of commitment, the ability to work in a team and the ability to cooperate with external institutions.
We offer you:
An interesting professional field in the circle of committed, innovative colleagues. The workplace is rated according to pay group 13 of the TV-L pay scale. The place of work is Goettingen. The job is part-time.
The NW-FVA strives in all areas and positions to be under-represented i. S. of the NGG. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome and can be given preferential consideration in accordance with § 11 NGG.
Applicants with disabilities will also be given preferential treatment in accordance with the relevant regulations if they have the same aptitude, qualifications and professional performance. In order to protect your interests, we ask you to inform us of any disability/equality in your application.
Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Good knowledge of the German language is required. Acknowledgments of receipt/intermediate messages are not sent. The application documents will not be returned, so no original documents or certified copies need to be submitted with the application. These may be requested in connection with the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
If you still want the documents to be returned, a stamped, self-addressed envelope must be enclosed with the application documents. Otherwise, the application documents will be destroyed after the end of the application process.
In order to be able to carry out the application process, it is necessary to save personal data. By sending your application, you agree that we electronically store and process your data for application purposes in compliance with data protection regulations.
Please send your comprehensive application by April 6th, 2023, stating the password “WM-SiZuRi” to the
Northwest German Forest Research Institute
Applications by email are possible. Please use our email account email@example.com for this. Here, too, the above regulations apply to the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
Questions about the application and selection process are answered by Dr. Georg Leefken (0551-69401-112; Georg.Leefken@nw-fva.de )
NW FVA firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest German Forest Research Institute, Goettingen