Our team at the Charles University Environment Centre is looking for new members to work on the project “Pathways towards environmental sustainability”. This project aims at identifying the changes in production technologies and consumption baskets which will reduce the global impacts of all countries below the downscaled planetary boundaries.
We have three positions open:
- At this position you will be working with global land use scenarios. Therefore, the knowledge of GIS environment is necessary.
- At this position you will be working on the dietary changes to reduce carbon and land footprint of food consumption, while providing appropriate nutrition. The scenarios will be translated in the MRIO framework using Python or Matlab.
- At this position you will be working with agricultural production scenarios, particularly focused on application of nitrogen fertilizers.
- PhD/MSc. degree in interdisciplinary environmental or sustainability science, e.g. environmental studies, geography, industrial ecology, social ecology, ecological economics, land system science or another relevant field
- Experience in spatial data analysis and GIS
- Programming skills (R, Matlab, Python or similar) and familiarity in working with large datasets
- Advantage is experience in integrated modelling and/or environmental accounting methods such as environmental footprinting, life-cycle assessment, multi-regional input-output analysis
- Advantage is experience with land use scenarios
All positions are project based up to 2027.
Starting date: immediately; Location: Prague, work from home optional
Application deadline: 15 May 2023
Applicants should send a one-page cover letter, detailed CV (including list of publications) and names and contacts of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.