IDEAS NCBR Sp. z o.o. is a research and development centre operating in the field of artificial intelligence and digital economy, whose mission is to support the development of these technologies in Poland by creating a platform that connects the academic and business environments.
IDEAS NCBR Sp. z o.o. is a part of the National Center for Research and Development (NCBR Group). Our goal is to build in Poland the largest, friendly to conduct innovative research platform, to educate a new generation of scientists focused on the practical application of the developed algorithms and their subsequent commercialization in the industry, finance, medicine and other branches of the economy.
We are currently looking for team members to join a research team led by Krzysztof Stereńczak, whose research focuses on problems of practical use of algorithms and methods in precision forestry. Our teams focus not only on scientific development but also on the possibility of the practical application of the created solutions in environmental related sectors.
We create innovations that will soon be implemented, allowing you to see the real effects of your work. If you have similar ambitions, are looking for scientific challenges and want to prove yourself in actual market conditions, we invite you to apply.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will carry out research and development work related to issues such as:
- the use of IT tools in the digital forestry,
- close-range photogrammetry in environmental studies,
- algorithms for single tree detection and automatic biometric parameters assessment,
- other related scientific issues.
Your work will be research-focused with minimal teaching responsibilities:
- teaching a minimum of 60 hours per year.
THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- educational background: PhD in Science, preferred majors: Computer Science, Geomatics/RS, or Environmental related fields or other science majors with experience in working with AI,
- experience in machine learning,
- experience in big-data analysis,
- English language skills at an advanced level,
- very good/good programming skills,
- good statistical skills,
- a proactive approach to solving scientific problems and issues,
- strong analytical and critical thinking skills,
- ability to work in a team,
- openness to field work and in-situ data collection.
We would be pleased to see in your application:
- references with min. 2 contact to person, who can recommend you.
- stable employment based on a fixed-term contract (2 years) with the possibility of its extension for another 9 months,
- working with high-level scientific staff in an international environment;
- flexible working hours in a hybrid system;
- private medical care;
- participation in the Medicover Benefits program and co-financing tickets for cultural events;
- real influence on the creation of the company’s structure and culture;
- remuneration: PLN 15,700 gross;
- an innovation bonus in the form of a share in the benefits from the future commercialisation of the research project results as additional remuneration. The bonus, depending on the model adopted for the commercialisation of the results of the research project, may take the form of:
- entitlement to a share of IDEAS NCR’s income from the commercialisation of the results of the work (in particular in the form of licences or disposal of intellectual property rights) or,
- entitlement to subscribe for shares or stocks in a spin-out company commercialising such solutions,
- participation in scientific research on artificial intelligence/cryptocurrencies both in Poland and for international projects,
- specialised training or field schools,
- tools necessary for work: mobile phone, laptop etc.
PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WHEN APPLYING:
- CV with the list of publications and description of the scientific achievements,
- motivation letter – a summary of professional accomplishments, including the description of research interests, achievements, research goals,
- copy of the diploma/diplomas confirming education.
Further we will ask also to send us the contact details (name, email address, telephone no.) to one person who would be keen to provide a reference.
The set of required documents should be sent electronically using the “Apply online” button. Please be informed that only candidate applications sent with above listed documents will be analyzed.
At the next stage of the recruitment process we will ask to provide a research project description prepared accordingly to our guideline; the guideline is available at this link.