Position title: Ph.D. or M.Sc. Assistantship in “Metabolism and Flower Development”
Application Review Begins: Immediately
Application Deadline: until fulfilled
Institution: Utah State University
Field: Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Flowering Plants
City: Logan, UT, United States
General Information: The Borghi Lab is recruiting one motivated graduate student (Master or PhD) for Fall 2023. The project aims to understand the contribution of the central metabolic pathways to flower development, and it envisions analysis of open-access Arabidopsis transcriptomics data followed by validation experiments using T-DNA mutant lines, analysis of gene and protein expression and localization, and measurements of flower metabolites. Candidates with experience and a strong interest in bioinformatics are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in one of the following disciplines: Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Botany, Life Sciences, Agriculture, Plant Science, or related.
- Excellent foundation in: Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry
- Hand-on experience in the following fields of research and techniques will be taken in strong consideration: Computational (R or Python), Molecular Biology, Metabolite Extraction and Analysis, Plant Growth and Care
- A strong self-motivation, a deep sense of self-responsibility, be accountable, and trustworthy.
Responsibilities: The student will conduct independent research under the supervision of the PI. Supervision of undergraduate students and TA service could be required from time to time. Expected outcomes: research publications and MSs or PhD thesis writing.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should send their application to email@example.com , include “Perspective Graduate Student Fall 2023 (Arabidopsis)” in the subject line and attach the following documents all combined in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing major achievements and interest in this research (one-page max)
- Contacts for 3 references.