The Grassland Sciences group at ETH Zurich is a vibrant and international working group at the Department of Environmental Systems Science at ETH Zurich. We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic, and highly motivated postdoc with a passion for science to join our team. Our research focuses on process- and system-understanding of agroecosystems (grasslands and croplands), in particular on their response to management and climate.
Job description: Your main tasks will include research on plant ecophysiology in grasslands and croplands, related to our long-term eddy covariance sites within the Swiss FluxNet, but also to short-term project sites in Switzerland (e.g., in urban environment).
You will assist in teaching at Bachelor´s and Master´s levels (in German or English) and co-supervise doctoral students. You will actively present results at conferences and publish in international journals.
The position is envisaged for two years. Salary and social benefits are provided according to ETH Zurich rules. The starting date is preferentially 1 September 2023.
- You must hold a PhD degree with a strong proven research background in agricultural sciences, plant ecophysiology in agroecosystems or forests, or functional biodiversity research.
- Relevant research experience in the field (experiments or observations) or under controlled conditions as well as with state-of-the-art instrumentation are mandatory.
- Experiences with modelling or stable isotope applications are welcome.
- Experiences in teaching, student supervision as well as project management are a big advantage.
- Expanding the group’s research strategy with own research ideas is appreciated.
- Excellent English and German language skills as well as a driving license are required.
We value diversity: In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application including the following documents by June 9th 2023:
- Letter of motivation
- CV, including publication list
- Transcripts of Bachelor´s, Master´s and PhD studies
- Contact information of two referees
We will start interviewing candidates mid-June. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information about the Grassland Sciences group please visit our website. Questions regarding the positions should be directed to Prof. Dr. Nina Buchmann by email: email@example.com (no applications).
About ETH Zürich: ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society.
Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.