Research Assistant (aimed at Doctoral Candidates)- Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science 23/B16: At the University of Greifswald’s Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, there is a job vacancy expected to be available from 1 July 2023, subject to budgetary regulations, for a full time (100%) Research Assistant (aimed at Doctoral Candidates) The position on offer is limited until 30 June 2026. Payment will be made according to pay group 13 TV-L Wissenschaft.
The project “AI-Biome: Early detection of pathogens using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)”, funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, aims to develop reference material for the diagnosis of pathogens in dairy farms. The project consists of three sub-projects in the areas of artificial intelligence, high-throughput sequencing, and applicability.
The advertised position is located in the sub-project “Development of AI-based software for investigating animal populations” and is located in the Bioinformatics group at the University of Greifswald’s Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science. The advertised position provides an opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary and international team and to achieve innovative research results.
- Scientific services in research
- Development of novel software for the analysis of biological sequence data
- Application of machine learning methods
- Analysis of microbiome data
- Administrative support in the implementation of the research project
- Advanced university degree (Master of Science/Diplom) in bioinformatics, biomathematics, applied computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of analysing genome sequences using bioinformatics methods
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Linux skills
Further skills that will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience in the creation of web services for running bioinformatics software
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience in the use of high-performance computing systems
The position is open to all persons, irrespective of gender.
Severely disabled applicants with the same qualifications will be considered with preference. In accordance with § 68(3) PersVG M-V, the Staff Council will only be involved in staff matters of the academic or artistic staff on request.
Please only submit copies of your application documents as they cannot be returned. Unfortunately, the application costs (e.g. travel expenses for interviews) will not be reimbursed by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Please note that by submitting your application, you provide your consent pursuant to data protection law for our processing of your application data.
Applications comprising all usual documents (cover letter, CV, copies of certificates, if applicable, list of publications) should be sent with reference to the job advertisement number 23/B16 by 3 June 2023, in electronic form (one PDF file) by email, to:
Institut für Mathematik und Informatik
Frau Dr. Katharina Hoff
Application deadline: 06 June 2023