Junior Clinical Training Scholarship (JCTS) in Farm Animal Health and Production: Scholarship award: £18,370.00 per annum (Tax Free Stipend), Start date: August 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter, for 12 months
Applications are invited for this 12-month Scholarship programme, which provides an opportunity for new graduates or recently qualified veterinarians to receive high-quality postgraduate training in farm animal studies under the supervision of experienced farm animal clinicians in the Cambridge Farm Animal Veterinary Services ambulatory and referral practice at the University of Cambridge.
The emphasis of the programme is on gaining practical clinical experience in farm animal medicine and herd health, and will allow the Scholar to identify specific fields of farm animal work in which to specialise, either in preparation for Senior Clinical Training Scholarship programmes, or for specialist private practice.
The internship will cover:
- Case involvement of individual production animals, including emergency and critical care, surgery, anaesthesia, diagnostics, internal medicine and obstetrics
- Involvement in a busy and expanding first opinion farm animal practice and referral hospital
- Training and practice in population medicine and herd health management, with an emphasis on evidence-based medicine
- Experience in teaching and communication
- Basic tuition in research methods and scientific writing
- Opportunity to design and undertake research projects
Applicants must be a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, or hold a veterinary degree qualifying them for membership.
Applicants should supply a completed Junior Clinical Training Scholarship Application Form (JCTS 1), a CV and Covering Letter giving reasons for wishing to undertake the JCTS in the Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge.
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the above documents as one attachment, by the closing date stated. Informal enquiries should be directed to: Ian McCrone, by email: email@example.com The deadline for applications is midnight on midnight on Tuesday 30 May 2023. Interviews will be held early in June 2023.
Please note: The ability to take up this Scholarship is contingent upon you being able to evidence your right to work in the UK, or through gaining the right to work via the UK immigration system. Evidence will need to be provided before an offer can be made. Regrettably, this Scholarship is not suitable for sponsorship via the Skilled Worker or Temporary Worker visa routes as the minimum requirements cannot be met.
Please quote reference PP36584 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy. The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- JCTS Application Form (JCTS 1) – JCTS in Farm Animal Health and Production
- Information Pack – JCTS in Farm Animal Health and Production
A JCTS Application Form (JCTS 1) and Information Pack can be downloaded from the following website: https://www.vet.cam.ac.uk/job