The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society.
ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
Within the frame of the ZALF project ” TREES research project on “Forest Landscape Restoration and Good Governance in the Forest sector in the tropics” – Country Package: Cameroon”, in the working group Sustainable Land Use in Developing Countries (SusLAND), we offer a part-time position (50% full-time equivalent) from 01.10.2023 until 30.09.2025 for a Researcher (f/m/d) 59-2023
- assess variations of bushfire impacts in selected project intervention zones in Cameroon using geospatial maps, existing drone images and ground trothing to identify zones with lower bushfire frequency
- identify and describe behaviors of community living in reduced bushfire zones associated with their land use diversification and other strategies relating to landscape management that are locally applicable and empirically verified using survey questionnaire, interviews and focus groups
- assess scaling up potential of identified best-practice strategies through participatory workshops
- liaison with local FLR collaboration partners
- (Co-)Supervision of supporting Master thesis projects
- publication of scientific papers, policy briefs and results presentation
- advanced University degree (Master degree or doctoral degree) in the field of agricultural economics, forestry or related fields
- good knowledge of remote sensing and GIS, forest assessment
- good knowledge on qualitative and quantitative socio-economic impact assessment and statistical analysis
- excellent knowledge of French and English
- own field research experience and willingness to travel to Cameroon
What we offer:
- an interdisciplinary and international working environment
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to E 13 (including special annual payment)
- the working place is in Müncheberg near Berlin, Germany
- mobile work of max. 40% of monthly working time is possible given reconciliation with project requirements
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc.
Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 59-2022 until 09 July 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.