The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society.
ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.The project FONA Impact is funded by German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to support its FONA (Research for sustainable development) strategy.
Its ambition is to develop and pilot test new approaches for the ex-ante assessment of the impacts of research on sustainable development targets. The project consortium includes the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI, the PROGNOS AG and ZALF. Starting as soon as possible and limited to a duration of 36 months, we offer a part-time (75%) position as: Scientist (PostDoc): Research Impact Assessment in sustainability sciences 51-2023
- participative development of SDG oriented Impact Pathways of research in the field of biodiversity, soil health, water quality, land use, and agri-food systems
- development and pilot testing of criteria and indicators for impact oriented monitoring of research conduct linking to the SDGs
- conceptualization of model based impact pathway simulations
- theory-based reflection of research results and publishing scientific articles
- Master degree and preferably PhD in environmental sciences, agricultural sciences or related discipline (e.g. sustainability sciences, geography)
- sound expertise in research impact assessment methods incl. SDG related indicators and monitoring systems
- proven scientific expertise and excellent publication record in natural resource management research
- knowledge of the research system in Germany
- experience with coordinating participatory processes and working in a team
- experience with model development
- excellent writing skills and experience with publishing in international scientific journals
- fluency in German language written and oral
What we offer:
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to E 13 (including special annual payment)
- an interdisciplinary, cooperative forward looking working environment that integrates scientific excellence with societal relevance
- an open-minded working atmosphere in an international, diverse and dynamic research team
- room for scientific maneuver and support in career development
- well established national and international scientific networks
- a rural landscape environment with high recreation value that is just a 45 min train ride from Berlin
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 51-2023 until 15 June 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Prof. Dr. Katharina Helming (email@example.com). Application documents sent by post or extensive publications will not be returned
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.