Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d) Postdoctoral Candidate (f/m/d) (2 years); Dr. Alexandra Wormit research group at RWTH Aachen University is seeking an enthusiastic PostDoc to study abiotic stress response in Capsicum!
Our Profile: The group of Dr. Alexandra Wormit is studying the effects of abiotic stress on plant secondary metabolism and the role of plant cell walls in stress tolerance of Capsicum species. In this project, we aim to answer the following questions:
- How does Capsicum respond to cooler temperatures compared to Arabidopsis?
- How does high nutrient supply affect plant metabolism in different Capsicum species?
- Does the combination of cool temperatures and high nutrient levels result in a different stress response than the single treatment, or are there common response patterns?
- You have a PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or bioinformatic.
- You have good knowledge of plant secondary metabolism or plant cell wall metabolism as well as practical experience in performing stress experiments with plants.
- Experience with RNAseq analysis or analysis of metabolome data is preferable.
- You are proactive, have good communication and team skills, but you can also work independently.
- You are enthusiastic about scientific questions and the systematic analysis of problems.
- You have good skills in the spoken and written English language.
- Experience in supervising students is a plus.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
You will analyze RNAseq and untargeted metabolomics data, as well as perform stress experiments to analyze secondary metabolites and cell wall composition in Capsicum species.
Interpretation of results, presenting the project in seminars and at conferences as well as writing of scientific publications also belongs to the tasks.
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of 24 month.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a full-time position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age.
RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail to Dr. Alexandra Wormit; email@example.com
Application deadline: 31/07/2023
Name: Dr. Alexandra Wormit
Work Phone +49 241 8026766
Institution: Lehrstuhl für Molekulare Botanik