POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are recruiting a highly motivated and qualified PhD student interested in forest and natural resource economics at the Department of Forest and Rangeland Stewardship, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Assistantship is available beginning Fall (August) 2023. The successful candidate will work on a research project related to forest and rangeland conservation easement in Colorado.
The student will be involved in data collection, data analysis, result interpretation, manuscript and dissertation preparation as well as result presentations in state, regional, national or international academic conferences.
- Undergraduate degree in forestry, economics or a closely related field.
- Research experience.
- Experience using R or other software for data management and data analysis.
- Experience using InVEST model is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and proficiency in writing.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Master’s degree in forestry, economics or a closely related field.
- Research experience focused on conservation easements or other aspects of natural resource economics.
- Familiarity with research work publishing process.
STIPEND AND TUITION: This position includes 3.5 years of GRA/GTA funding support (starting August 2023) plus resident tuition and portion of student fees. Annual stipend of $27,600 (i.e.,$2300/month) will be provided for a 20hrs/week appointment along with health insurance.
Please upload one-page cover letter describing your interest in the position, skills, and career goals, 2) most recent CV, 3) unofficial transcripts, 4) writing sample (e.g., scientific paper, term paper, research proposal etc.) and 5) contact information for 3 references.
Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Short listed candidates will be invited for a virtual interview. Please email Dr. Srijana Baral (Srijana.Baral@colostate.edu) for any questions related to this position.
Last Date to Apply: 07/15/2023. Thank you for your interest in this position. Please upload a single pdf document including all the required documents listed above in the position description.