31 Doctoral Researcher Positions in Data Science (f/m/d) The newly founded Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1597 “Small Data” at the University of Freiburg, Germany, is inviting applications for 31 doctoral researcher positions (f/m/d) starting on October 1st, 2023. The positions will be funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) until June 2027.
Our CRC is highly interdisciplinary, integrating data-driven and knowledge-driven modeling approaches from computer science, mathematics, and statistics/systems modeling, to create comprehensive solutions for tackling small data settings, primarily in biomedicine.
Biomedical applications, such as in forensic medicine, gene therapy, nephrology, psychiatry, radiology, or rare diseases, will be instrumental for validating the newly developed methods. All doctoral researchers will become members of our integrated research training group SMART, for fostering interdisciplinary exchange and establishing a shared language between disciplines.
You can look forward to:
- Research that pushes the boundaries of what can be achieved in small data settings with artificial intelligence and modeling techniques
- An excellent research environment and a vibrant interdisciplinary community
- Structured supervision and courses that will prepare you for excelling within the respective disciplines, but also for crossing borders between them, including transferable skills and career development
- A welcoming and international research campus with a long tradition of interdisciplinary work in the data sciences
We are seeking for highly qualified and motivated candidates with:
- An excellent Master’s degree and academic record in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, systems modeling, life sciences, or related fields
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary methods research and biomedical applications
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Learn more about our interdisciplinary scientific approach to small data
- Get an overview of the individual research projects and their requirements
- Learn about the application process, including general admission criteria
- Submit your application via the application form
University of Freiburg
The University of Freiburg, beautifully located near the Black Forest, is one of the top research universities in Germany and also internationally, e.g., as reflected in the World University Rankings for the life sciences and computer science.
The city itself offers a perfect balance between the urban amenities of a historic university town and closeness to nature for a high quality of life. Our external partner sites in Bochum and Greifswald, Germany, bring additional expertise to our initiative and offer a similarly attractive environment.
Applications are accepted only via the online application form. The latest date for submitting your application is June 18th, 2023. Applications will be considered continually until all positions are filled.
We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and identities, and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive research environment that supports the growth and development of all team members. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org