Paid Master’s Thesis: Sustainability-Quick-Check for Biobased-Systems and Processes at Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies Center in Austria
About BEST – Bioenergy and Sustainable Technologies GmbH is the competence center in Austria that conducts pre-competitive industry-related research in the field of bioenergy and biobased economy.
At BEST we work as a team to actively shape the transition to a sustainable and climate friendly bioeconomy.
Your talent and your passion for research and science are explicitly needed with us. Collaborate with us on interesting and promising tasks and develop your scientific creativity. Join us on our approach to a more environmentally and climate friendly future! Team player? Enthusiastic? Open-minded? Then you are exactly right at BEST.
Don’t wait any longer and apply now!
- Working in a project team
- Review of literature and methods regarding fast track sustainability assessments
- Supervised development of a sustainability quick check for the biobased-systems and processes
- Presenting and discussing your results
Implementing innovative bio-based systems can result in a number of environmental, economic and social benefits such as significant greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions, improved energy security and production efficiency as well as new sources of income and additional job opportunities along the biomass value cycle. However, relying on unsustainable biomass supply or using biomass inefficiently, these benefits rapidly vanish and may even result in negative sustainability impacts.
Balancing the economic, social and environmental dimensions is key to achieving sustainable processes. The goal of this master’s thesis is to develop a sustainability quick check for selected biobased-systems and processes.
Supervisor of the master thesis:
Univ. Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Tobias Stern
Institut für Umweltsystemwissenschaften
Uni Graz email@example.com
- Background/study in the fields of sustainability / resource management / environmental science is desired
- First experiences with Life Cycle Assessment are desired
- Accurate, well organized and independent way of working
- Integration into a dedicated team with good support
- Contribution to transfer towards a sustainable energy system
- Exciting research questions
- Financial compensation
- Provision of a work place (remote work from home also possible)
- Possibility of continuation (e.g. PhD)
- Minor employement: EUR 400 per month
Start: September 2023
Duration: 6 months
We look forward to receiving your application!
BEST GmbH aims to increase the share of women in its workforce, therefore we wish to explicitly encourage applications from women.
Contact: Dr. Christa Dißauer; Senior Researcher – Sustainable Supply and Value Cycles firstname.lastname@example.org