Martin-Luther-University in Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Natural Sciences III, Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences offers a part-time position (65%), within the DFG-funded Emmy Noether Research Group Plant Reproductive Genetics, from 01.01.2024,
limited to 1 year (with a possible extension by another 3 years) as External job advertisement Registration number 5-5727/23-D Scientific employee / PhD student (m-w-d) Remuneration is paid up to pay group 13 TV-L, depending on the assignment of duties and fulfilment of personal requirements.
- Characterization of candidate genes related to reproductive traits (meiosis, pollen morphology, anther mor-phology) in rye, barley, and Arabidopsis
- Molecular cloning of vectors for targeted mutagenesis via CRISPR/Cas
- Characterization of mutants via fluorescence microscopy, imaging flow cytometry, and molecular assays
- Presentations at national and international conferences, writing of scientific publications
- M.Sc/Diploma degree in agricultural sciences, plant sciences, biology, or a related field (graduated or about to graduate)
- Profound knowledge in plant sciences and reproductive genetics (Meiosis, pollen biology)
- Sound knowledge in in cytogenetics and molecular biology methods (chromosome preparation, im-munostaining, FISH, fluorescence microscopy, qPCR, cloning)
- Basic knowledge in using linux-based bioinformatic tools and data analysis in R
- Excellent communication skills, high motivation, self-initiative, as well as an interest in collaborations
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability and ability.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with a degree that was not obtained at a German higher education institution must submit a Statement of Comparability for Foreign Higher Education Qualifications from the Central Office for Foreign Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen) to prove equivalence. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Steven Dreissig, phone 0345 55-22688, e-mail: email@example.com .
Please send your application, quoting the reg. no. 5-5727/23-D with the usual documents (CV, credentials (as copies), letter of motivation) by July 31st 2023 to the Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Sci-ences III, Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Dr. Steven Dreissig, 06099 Halle (Saale).
An electronic application is explicitly desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org The call for applications is subject to possible budgetary restrictions.
Applications costs will not be reimbursed by Martin-Luther-University. Applications documents will only be returned if a sufficiently stamped envelope is enclosed.