At the Northwest German Forestry Research Institute – a joint institution of the states of Lower Saxony, Hesse, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein – the department of forest gene resources is part of the joint project “Selection and characterization of high-quality reproductive material in red oak (Quercus rubra L .) taking into account the drought stress tolerance (RubraSelect)” the place of scientific assistant (m/f/d) to be filled with 100% of the position as of August 1st, 2023 limited to September 30th, 2024.
- Coordination of the red oak seed harvest in selected stands
- Planning and implementation of phenological recordings
- Coordination of plant cultivation for experimental purposes
- Planning and installation of test areas
- Statistical evaluation of test data
- Support for other areas of responsibility within the joint project
- Preparation of interim and final reports and publications
- A university degree in the field of forestry or a comparable subject, completed with a master’s or diploma
- Proven statistical knowledge and experience in evaluation with the statistical software R
- Knowledge of dealing with geographic information systems (QGIS)
- Knowledge of using the MS Office applications Excel, Word
- Knowledge of setting up field tests desirable.
- Drivers licence class B
- unrestricted ability to work in the field
- Willingness to work in the field, to drive a company vehicle and to go on business trips lasting one or more days in the entire area of responsibility of the NW-FVA
A result-oriented way of working and a high degree of quality of work as well as reliability, flexibility and willingness to take responsibility within the scope of the task are required. Applicants should have excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as a high level of commitment.
We offer you:
- An interesting professional field in the circle of dedicated, innovative colleagues.
- The workplace is rated according to pay group 13 of the TV-L pay scale.
- The place of work is Hann. mouths.
- The job/post is suitable for part-time work.
- The NW-FVA strives in all areas and positions, sub-representatives i. S. of the NGG.
Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome and can be given preferential consideration in accordance with § 11 NGG.
Applicants with disabilities will also be given preferential treatment in accordance with the relevant regulations if they are equally qualified, qualified and professional. In order to protect your interests, we ask you to inform us of any disability/equality in your application. Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Good knowledge of the German language is required.
Acknowledgments of receipt/intermediate messages are not sent. The application documents will not be returned, so no original documents or certified copies need to be submitted with the application. These may be requested in connection with the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
If you still want the documents to be returned, you should enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your application. Otherwise, the application documents will be destroyed after the end of the application process
Applications by email are possible. Please use our email account email@example.com for this. Here, too, the above regulations apply to the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
To apply: Please send your comprehensive application by July 7th, 2023, stating the keyword “RubraSelect_WMa” to the: firstname.lastname@example.org OR to:
Northwest German Forest Research Institute