The PhD course in Animal Health and Zoonoses is a professionally oriented programme, which aims to train students with a high professional profile, able to interact effectively and collaboratively at all levels of health management with competence and professionalism.
The concept of “One Health” on which the course based is based, is constantly confirmed in the multiple health emergencies for which it is necessary to manage risk and the interactions between humans and animals. The course has a strong international vocation, with a program of lectures given by visiting professors, thanks to several international collaborations of the components of the council of the Doctorate.
Furthermore, the PhD program has a strong multi- and interdisciplinary connotation, guaranteed by the confluence of strategic sectors of veterinary medical education and a sector of medical education (occupational health).
PROFILE: PhD PROGRAMME IN ANIMAL HEALTH AND ZOONOSES:
CUN Scientific Areas: 07 Scienze Agrarie e Veterinarie, 06 Scienze Mediche
Scientific Subject Codes: VET/02, VET/03, VET/04, VET/05, VET/06 and MED/42
Coordinator: Prof.ssa Maria Tempesta
Administrative office: Department of Veterinary Medicine
Duration: 3 years
Total positions with scholarship available: n. 4
• n. 3 positions supported by the University of Bari (UNIBA)
• n. 1 position supported by the PNRR program based on DM 117/23 (one), for:
• Project: Degradation of mycotoxins by Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (CAPP)
• Call: D.M.117/23 – innovative doctorates
• Fellowship title: Application of Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (CAPP) technology for mycotoxin risk management in animal feed.
• Description of research activity: Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (CAPP), called Cold Plasma, is an emerging and eco-sustainable technology having different applications in agri-food companies. CAPP allows treating food contaminated by mycotoxins avoiding heat treatments, with relative energy savings and reduction of environmental impact.
Several studies have already shown the technique’s efficacy in the degradation of aflatoxins in cereal products. The study aims to widen the use of CAPP for mycotoxin risk management (Ochratoxin, Fumolisine) in animal feed, to ensure animal welfare and public health from a holistic One Health perspective.
Total positions without scholarships available n. 1
The selection will be made following the art. 6 typology B of the call.
The examination will be based on the evaluation of candidate qualification, proposed project written in English, oral interview on curriculum and project, and foreign language knowledge checking (English).
Admission tests for foreigners:
The videoconference interview of foreign candidates will be in English.
Admission exam dates and time:
Qualification : 26th July 2023
Proposed project: 26th July 2023
Oral interview: 28th July 2023 hr 9.30 a.m. (CET) for Italian candidates onsite at the library of the Section of Infectious Diseases of the Department of Veterinary Medicine, sp 62 Casamassima km 3, Valenzano (BARI). The videoconference interview of foreign candidates will be held online on Skype platform, at an agreed time.
Candidates holding one of the following qualifications are eligible regardless of their citizenship and age (with the exception of those candidates who apply for an apprenticeship who must not be over 29):
- degree awarded under the system “vecchio ordinamento” in place prior to the one introduced by Ministerial Decree(D.M.) no. 509 of 03 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 270 of 22 October 2004;
- “laurea specialistica” or “laurea magistrale” (second cycle degree);
- second-level academic qualification (“titoli accademici di secondo livello”) awarded by Institutions belonging to the AFAM (“Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale”) sector;
- Master’s degree awarded abroad, recognised as such solely for the purpose of admission to the competition.
A) Admission to the selection for the candidates with an academic degree conferred abroad:
Those in possession of a degree from a foreign university which has not yet been declared equivalent to an Italian degree will have to apply for their equivalence solely for the purposes of admission to the Ph.D. programme for which they intend to apply.
In such case, in order to allow for assessment of the qualification, application for participation must be accompanied, by the following documentation:
- (In the case of Italian and EU citizens) Self-certification, according to D.P.R. 445/2000 and subsequent modifications, of the academic qualification obtained with details of examinations, the relative results and the legal duration of the programme.
- (Non-EU citizens) A certificate attesting to the academic qualification obtained with details of examinations, the relative results and the legal duration of the programme together with a translation into Italian and/or english. The translation must be signed under the applicant’s own responsibility in order to allow the qualification to be recognized.
The suitability of qualifications obtained abroad will be evaluated by the Judging Commission in accordance with the regulations in force in Italy and in the country where the qualification was obtained and relative treaties and international agreements on the recognition of qualifications for the continuation of studies.
In case of admission to the Ph.D. programme, applicants must submit, within 60 days from the date of registration, the following documentation:
- Curricular qualifications translated into Italian and legalized by the relevant Italian diplomatic or consular representations abroad;
- “Certificate of equivalence of qualification” of the foreign qualification issued by the relevant diplomatic or consular representations abroad; alternatively, the Certificate of comparability of the foreign university qualification issued by the ENIC-NARIC center in Italy (CIMEA) can be presented, which contains all the information necessary for the evaluation of the qualification.
In order to enter Italy, citizens of non-EU countries residing abroad must register on the Universitaly portal and apply for an entry visa (postgraduate visa type D) at the competent Italian Embassy or Consulate.
In case of doubts about the qualification validity, the University also reserve the right to request the “Certificate of equivalence of qualification” to those who have obtained a qualification in a European Union country.
B) Admission to the selection for candidates who have not yet received the degree.
Candidates who are going to obtain the qualification necessary for entry to the Ph.D. programme may also apply if they are to obtain their qualification by and no later than 30 September 2023. Failure to gain the relevant qualifications by this date will result in exclusion from the call.
These candidates will be admitted sub condicione and no later than 30 September 2023 must send by PEC (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and email to email@example.com the self-certification (or certification in the case of qualifications obtained abroad) with date and handwritten signature, accompanied by a copy of a valid photo identification document indicating:
- the name of the university issuing the qualification;
- date of completion of the qualification;
- type of qualification (specialist/master/old cycle degree, second level academic degree issued by institutions belonging to AFAM);
- final result.
Candidates who, for whatever reason, do not communicate the obtainment of the relevant qualification by the deadlines indicated or who send incomplete, incorrect applications, by different means or to different addresses other than those indicated above will be excluded from the call.
APPLICATION AND ENTRY TO THE CALL:
The application for participation in the selection must be submitted using only the appropriate procedure made available at: https://pica.cineca.it/uniba/dottorati39 no later than July 20, 2023 at 12.00 pm (Italian time) under penalty of exclusion from the selection.
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org