The University of Göttingen in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development has a position opening for a Post-Doctoral Researcher in Economics of Sustainable Agri-Food Systems (all genders welcome) This is a full-time position (100%, currently 39.8 work hours per week) for three years, with the possibility to extend for up to three more years according to the WissZeitVG (the German public law for employees in the academic sector).
The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale E13 TVL. This is a qualification position for junior researchers pursuing an academic career after the PhD degree. This position is part of the Chair of Economics of Sustainable Agri-Food Systems (Professor D. Läpple), and is available from August 2023 or shortly afterwards.
The post-doctoral researcher will plan and implement agricultural economics research and teaching related to issues of sustainable agri-food systems. Current research projects at the Chair focus on climate change mitigation and sustainable production in the agri-food sector, agricultural extension, and animal welfare.
The research projects are based on primary data collection (i.e. surveys and economic experiments) and analysis of secondary (farm-level) data. The candidate is expected to participate in existing projects but also to develop own initiatives for new projects on related topics for habilitation.
We are looking for a candidate, who fulfills the following requirements:
- PhD degree in food and agricultural economics, development economics, economics, psychology, or related discipline
- Evidence of research activity (publications) and/or future scholarly output (working papers, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Interest/experience in teaching and MSc and BSc theses supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation, etc.)
In addition, the following are desirable requirements:
- Experience with economic experiments and/or survey design
- Good understanding of the (EU) agricultural sector and sustainable production
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines
- An international, interdisciplinary, flexible and motivating work environment
- Participation in international conferences
- The possibility to pursue your own career development
The main tasks of the position include:
- To conduct research within the themes of the Chair ‘Economics of Sustainable Agri-Food Systems’ incl. data collection, analysis, presentation and publication of results
- To contribute to teaching of the Chair incl. supervision of BSc and MSc theses
- To contribute to the general running and organization of the group
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented.
The University has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
To apply: Please submit your application as just one single pdf file until July 21st 2023 to email@example.com. Applications should include a letter of interest, a Curriculum Vitae, a copy of PhD transcript, and names and contact details of two references.
Further questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Doris Läpple, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of the data-protection law.