Do you want to be part of a challenging research environment and work on solutions for a sustainable food system ? We are looking for a Scientist Food Process Technology – and we may be looking for you! Wageningen Food & Biobased Research, part of WUR, offers you a challenging and market-oriented environment where motivated scientific professionals conduct research for companies, government, and knowledge institutions.
The Food Technology group develops innovative knowledge and technologies that enable the production of healthy, safe, and sustainable products using fewer resources and energy. Examples include techniques for mild preservation, advanced texturization, or valorization of residual streams, all aimed at optimal product quality and preservation of microbiological safety.
Your role is to apply scientific developments in innovative process technologies to research projects, utilizing the collaboration opportunities offered by the WUR ecosystem, Wageningen Campus, and our extensive knowledge and business network.
You will participate in multidisciplinary applied scientific research projects in the field of food process technology. Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Carrying out applied scientific research in the field of food process technology;
- Working out and summarizing research results into (partial) reports, publications and presentations for our clients, in collaboration with our team;
- Contributing to new propositions and project proposals based on developments and trends in the field. Examples of our research focus are in the field of energy and water savings, electrification, quality improvement, mild preservation and (microbiologically) safe food processing;
- Co-developing new equipment and processes, also in collaboration with other groups within Wageningen Food & Biobased Research.
Your qualities; You are/have:
- A PhD in a relevant field, such as food technology, chemical technology or process engineering. Several years of work experience in the food industry or an R&D environment is considered a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of sustainable and safe food processing technologies, their use in production processes, as well as knowledge of innovations and trends in this field.
- An ambitious colleague with persuasive skills, self-starting abilities, and a quality-conscious mindset.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels with both clients and the organization.
- You enjoy working in multidisciplinary teams and can work both independently and in close collaboration with team members.
We offer you
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
In addition to these first-rate employee benefits, you will of course receive a good salary. We offer, depending on your experience, a competitive gross salary of between €2.949,- and €5.479 for a full-time working week of 36 hours, in accordance with the CLA Wageningen Research (scale 10/11). Additionally, a contract for 0.8FTE can be discussed.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere. You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 18th consecutive time.
Do you want more information?
For more information about this position, please contact Ben Langelaan, R&D manager Food Technology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the procedure, please contact Paul Snijder, recruiter, via email@example.com.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including July, 14th, 2023.
Equal opportunities: Wageningen University & Research (WUR) employs a large number of people with very different backgrounds and qualities, who inspire and motivate each other. We want every talent to feel at home in our organisation and be offered the same career opportunities. We therefore especially welcome applications from people who are underrepresented at WUR.
Wageningen University & Research: The mission of Wageningen University & Research is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR’s Life Long Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.