Job offer Position: Postdoctoral Researcher in Plant Genetics and Genomics, Organisation: Institute of Biology, Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW Warsaw, Department of Plant Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology:
- PhD in Agronomy, Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or in related field.
- Several years of experience in molecular genetics/genomics, very good knowledge of laboratory methods.
- Previous experience with cultivation of plants and phenotyping advantageous.
- Very good English knowledge, good communication and team work, and excellent organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate has a genuine interest in plant genetics and in genome diversity.
Job description: One postdoc position is available in National Science Centre (Poland) funded project: “Identification and characterization of genes involved in phosphorus deficiency tolerance in rye (Secale cereale L), a species with high tolerance of nutrient deficiency”
This person will be responsible for all tasks of the project, including phosphorus deficiency tolerance screens of rye inbred lines (in hydroponics), tissue collection and sample preparation for transcriptome, proteome and methylome profiling, functional analysis, analysis of allelic diversity of selected genes, data analysis, manuscript preparation, presentation of results at conferences.
Full-time employment contract for up to 20 months, starting from October, 2023. Salary according to NCN regulations
How to apply: The application in English should be sent to dr. Hanna Bolibok-Brągoszewska (firstname.lastname@example.org ). It should contain a CV with a list of publications and description of expertise/skills, a motivation letter, contact information to two referees. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Closing date: 31 July 2023