At the Northwest German Forest Research Institute – a joint institution of the states of Lower Saxony, Hesse, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein – the department of forest genetic resources, in the subject area forest genetic analyses, is part of the project funded by the Hessian Ministry for the Environment, Climate Protection, Agriculture and Consumer Protection Climate plan Hesse – Genetic-physiological adaptation potential of native oak species in climate change the place of Research assistant (m/f/d) to be filled as soon as possible, for a limited period of 3 years.
- Ecological and morphological recording of oak occurrences in extreme locations
- DNA analyzes of population genetics and taxonomic differentiation of species and hybrids in sessile and downy oak (Quercus petraea, Q. pubescens)
- Development and optimization of methods for cross-species, standardized propagation of test oak plants via in-vitro propagation
- Recording of phenological and physiological characteristics, in the field and under laboratory conditions
- Detection of stress parameters in the photosynthetic mechanism by chlorophyll fluorescence measurements
- Participation in the design and creation of test areas
- Coordination of the deployment of a technical assistant and assistants in field and laboratory work
- Synthesis of the work results in the form of reports to the project sponsor, preparation of scientific publications and presentations of the project results
- A university degree in biology or forestry with a master’s or diploma degree
- Botanical knowledge of woody plants (morphology, systematics and reproductive biology) as well as knowledge of the cultivation and breeding of woody plants
- Knowledge of microvegetative propagation
- Expertise in the field of biophysical acquisition of data on chlorophyll fluorescence, in particular modern interpretation methods via OJIP diagnosis
- Sound knowledge of conducting DNA analyzes and population genetics
- Willingness to go on business trips lasting several days
- Ability to work in a team, organizational and negotiating skills
- Flexibility, resilience and assertiveness
- Full operational capability in the field, readiness for multi-day field operations
- Driving license class B
A result-oriented way of working and a high degree of quality of work as well as initiative, independent action, flexibility and a willingness to take responsibility within the scope of the task are required.
We offer you:
An interesting professional field in the circle of dedicated, innovative colleagues.
- The workplace is rated according to pay group 13 of the TV-L pay scale.
- The place of work is Hann. mouths.
- The job is part-time.
The NW-FVA strives in all areas and positions to be under-represented i. S. of the NGG. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome and can be given preferential consideration in accordance with § 11 NGG.
Applicants with disabilities will also be given preferential treatment in accordance with the relevant regulations if they have the same aptitude, qualifications and professional performance. In order to protect your interests, we ask you to inform us of any disability/equality in your application.
Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Good knowledge of the German language is required.
Acknowledgments of receipt/intermediate messages are not sent. The application documents will not be returned, so no original documents or certified copies need to be submitted with the application.
These may be requested in connection with the inclusion of the application in the selection process. If you still want the documents to be returned, you should enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your application. Otherwise, the application documents will be destroyed after the end of the application process.
Applications by email are possible:
Please use our email account email@example.com for this. Here, too, the above regulations apply to the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
In order to be able to carry out the application process, it is necessary to save personal data. By sending your application, you agree that we store and process your data electronically for application purposes in compliance with data protection regulations.
Please send your meaningful application by July 14th, 2023, stating the keyword “KPH – Adaptation Potentiale Eichenarten-WM” to the Northwest German Forest Research Institute -Central Office-Graezelstrasse 37079 Goettingen
For more information, please contact Dr. Aki Höltken for the technical area (0551-69401-416; firstname.lastname@example.org ) and if you have any questions about the tendering process, please contact Dr. Leefken (0551-69401-112; email@example.com ) available.