Senior postdoctoral position in Urban Ecology/Modelling (m/f/d): The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of the best universities in Europe. It is characterized by excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinarity, and talent development. The Terrestrial Ecology Research Group is part of the Department of Life Science Systems in the TUM School of Life Sciences and is based in Freising, Germany.
We do fundamental research on how human land-use affects biodiversity, and on the importance of biodiversity for ecosystem processes. We would like to expand our research on how the urban form affects the occurrence of animals in cities, using both experimental and theoretical approaches .
This includes installing the ATLAS animal tracking system in the urban environment, to study how animals respond to urban structures. To strengthen our urban ecology team, we are looking for a Senior postdoc starting 01.10.2023 or before (m/f/d) – (TV-L E13).
Your responsibilities: •
- Developing and conducting research projects in the area of urban animal ecology, ecological modelling (e.g. connectivity modelling, community assembly) and/or movement ecology
- Writing applications for third-party funding
- Teaching in English and German in courses on conservation and ecology. Teaching requirements are according to the Bavarian University Law (5 hours/week).
- Support of administrative duties in the research group
Your qualifications: •
- M.Sc. in Biology, Ecology or a related field
- Ph.D. in Ecology or a another relevant area
- Strong track record in urban ecology, community ecology, ecological modelling and/or movement ecology
- Familiarity with the natural history of a particular taxon (e.g. birds, mammals, insects) is of advantage
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English. German is of advantage
- Ability to work in a team
- A full-time position initially for 3 years that can be extended
- A dynamic working environment in a success-oriented team
- Participation in existing research projects
- Participation in TUM career development programs
- Employment with appropriate remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L E13)
TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Severely disabled applicants will be given preference in the event of equal suitability, ability and professional performance.
How to apply and further information: Applications should be sent as a single pdf file to email@example.com (preferred), or via mail to Prof. Wolfgang W. Weisser, Technische Universität München, Lehrstuhl für Terrestrische Ökologie, Hans-Carl-von-Carlowitz-Platz 2, D-85354 Freising, Germany.
Applications should include a cover letter, a short statement of past and future research interests, a Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications, and names and email-addresses of two references, in a single pdf document. Please contact Wolfgang Weisser for further information about the position (firstname.lastname@example.org, ++49 8161 71 3495).
Deadline of applications is 15. August 2023.
Data Protection Information: When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
( Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.