The Philipps University, founded in 1527, offers multiple award-winning teaching for around 22,000 students and tackles the important issues of our time with excellent research across a broad spectrum of science. The Department of Chemistry, Chemical Biology, research Group Prof. Dr. Olalla Vázquez, offers a position for a Research Assistant (PhD student)
The position is offered for a period of 3 years, if no former times of qualification must be considered. The starting date is as soon as possible. The position is part-time (65 % of regular working hours) with salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position in the state Hessen, Germany (TV-H E 13, 65 %).
- include scientific services in research and teaching
- Development of own research projects with a high degree of independence
- Implementation of display technology
- Phase-fixed synthesis
- Cloning and plasmid design
- Protein expression (bacteria and/or cell-free systems)
- Supervision of students (teaching service)
The position is limited to a time period deemed adequate for the completion of a doctoral degree. As part of the assigned duties, there will be ample opportunity to conduct the independent scientific research necessary for the completion of a doctorate. The limitation complies with § 2, 1 WissZeitVG.
- University degree (Diplom, Master or comparable) in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, chemistry with a focus on chemical biology: display technology and/or phase-fixed synthesis
- Experience with cloning, plasmid design and protein expression
- Experience with bacteria
- Ability to carry out synthetic biology and chemical biology as well as initial experience in display technology and/or phase-fixed synthesis
- Theoretical and practical experience in protein ihibition, RNAse E,
- Interest in understanding biological processes at the atomic level and organic chemistry
- Motivated & passionate team player
The willingness to pursue your own scientific qualification (e.g. a doctoral project in the field of chemical biology focused on photochemical reactions) is expected. The Philipps University supports the professional development of young scientists, e.g. International Max Planck Research School IMPRS-Mic, Center of Synthetic Microbiology (SYNMIKRO) and through the offers of the Marburg Research Academy (MARA), the International Office and the office for university didactics.
Contact for more Information: Prof. Dr. Olalla Vázquez +49 6421-28 22745 email@example.com We support women and strongly encourage them to apply. In areas where women are underrepresented, female applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualifications.
As a certified family-friendly university, we support our employees in balancing family and career. A reduction of working time is possible. Applicants with a disability as discribed in SGB IX (§ 2 Abs. 2, 3) will be preferred in case of equal qualifications. Please apply by July 23th 2023 using the button below.