The Philipps University, founded in 1527, offers multiple award-winning teaching for around 22,000 students and tackles the important issues of our time with excellent research across a broad spectrum of science. The Department of Biology, Microbiology, research group Prof. Dr. Heider, offers a position for a Research Assistant (PhD student)
The position is offered for a period of 3 years, if no former times of qualification must be considered. The starting date is as soon as possible. The position is part-time (50 % of regular working hours) with salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position in the state Hesse, Germany (TV-H E 13, 50 %).
The research group studies the biochemistry of anaerobic microbial metabolism and further current topics of microbial biochemistry,
- services in teaching (in the field of microbiology)
- research in the field of microbial biochemistry (modern methods in molecular biology, biochemistry, spectroscopy and biotechnology)
We offer research training in a dynamic international group using various state-of-the art technologies. The position is limited to a time period adequate for the completion of a doctoral degree. As part of the assigned duties, there will be ample opportunities to conduct the independent scientific research necessary for the completion of a doctorate. The limitation complies to § 2, 1 WissZeitVG.
- MSc degree equivalent in Biology or Chemistry with specialization in microbiology, biochemistry of genetics
- solid practical experiences in biochemical, analytical or molecular biological methods
- experiences in growing microorganisms, anaerobic and spectroscopic techniques, working with proteins of biochemical analytics will be useful
- creative and critical mentality
- ability to work in an international team
- good English skills
The willingness to further scientific qualification (e.g. a PhD thesis in the field of microbiology) is expected. We actively support the professional development of junior researchers, e. g. by the offers of Marburg Research Academy (MARA), the International Office and the Higher Education Didactics Office.
Contact for more Information: Prof. Dr. Johann Heider +49 6421-28 21527 Johann.firstname.lastname@example.org We support women and strongly encourage them to apply. In areas where women are underrepresented, female applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualifications.
As a certified family-friendly university, we support our employees in balancing family and career. A reduction of working time is possible. Applicants with a disability as discribed in SGB IX (§ 2 Abs. 2, 3) will be preferred in case of equal qualifications. Please apply using the button below by July 23, 2023.