The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg).
It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.ZALF’s research is addressed in three program areas and a research platform. Central facilities support the research with administration and services. Program Area 3 Agricultural Landscape Systems conducts research assessing the implications of emerging developments in agricultural landscapes and food systems, their value for people and their effects on sustainable development.
Our international team of 60 dedicated scientists and science support staff engages cooperatively in numerous projects in support of sustainable transformation of agricultural landscape systems.Starting as soon as possible we offer a permanent fulltime position as: Landscape Research Assistant: spatial data and text analysis (m/f/d) 81-2023
- analysis of literature, interviews and other data sources with text-based tools using MAXQDA and similar software.
- analysis and processing of spatial data and maps, creation of new synthesis maps using R, GIS and similar software
- visualisation of research results in infographics and other illustrations
- bachelor in Landscape Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Agricultural Sciences, Sustainability Sciences or a related degree
- experience in text analysis and evaluation of interviews
- experience with evaluating spatial data and creating maps
- software knowledge R, GIS, MAXQDA and willingness to learn new software
- ability to work in a team and contributing your skills in a diverse work environment
- professional proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of German an asset
What we offer:
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to E11 (including special annual payment)
- an interdisciplinary, cooperative forward looking working environment that integrates scientific excellence with societal relevance
- an open-minded working atmosphere in an international, diverse and dynamic research team
- company ticket
- a rural landscape environment with high recreation value that is just a 45 min train ride from Berlin
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below).
For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 81-2023 until 13 August 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Maria Kernecker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.