FiBL is one of the world’s leading research institutions for organic agriculture with various locations in Europe. Motivated, competent employees and a value-oriented corporate culture in a scientific environment are the supporting pillars of this institution.
FiBL works on practice-relevant concepts for sustainable and animal-friendly nutrition of farm animals in the context of the guidelines and goals of organic agriculture. For our location in Frick, Switzerland, we are looking for a Scientist – Animal Nutrition (60–100%).
We are looking forward to a person with a sound knowledge of farm animal nutrition, experience in managing research projects, and a good connection to agricultural practice.
- Development and implementation of research projects in the field of feeds and nutrition of pigs and poultry.
- Within our team, development of approaches to animal nutrition that balance ecological sustainability, climate relevance and animal welfare
- Development and presentation of scientific content in the mentioned fields for farmers, industry and society
- Collegial professional communication and cooperation within the institute and the scientific community
- Participation in international research projects
- PhD in agricultural sciences (in the field of animal sciences) or veterinary medicine, or Master’s degree and subsequent in-depth experience in the areas of feed and feeding
- Scientific thinking, practical understanding
- Strong interest in sustainability goals for agriculture
- Team spirit, collegial and reliable approach to responsibilities
- Good communicative approach to farmers
- Languages: English, German and/or French would be beneficial
What we offer
- Modern research and laboratory infrastructure
- Flexible design of work processes and great scope for development within the scope of the subject matter
- Practical orientation of the research projects in terms of content and methodology
- A young, highly motivated team with a broad thematic focus on farm animal science
- National and international research environment and high relevance of the projects
At FiBL, you will encounter a working culture that is characterized by efficient, uncomplicated work and numerous opportunities to participate thanks to flat hierarchies. As a globally well-connected research institute, we place great value on training and further education opportunities.
Home office arrangements, flexible annual working hours and the possibility of part-time work help employees achieve a good work-life balance. FiBL employees also enjoy the best organic food in our in-house canteen and a workplace in the countryside.
To apply: Florian Leiber und Timo Stadtlander will be happy to answer your questions. We will gladly accept your application via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Apply Now