CALL FOR AWARDING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS WITHIN PROJECT GRANTS AND R&D INSTITUTIONS 8 (eight) Research Fellowships for R&D Initiation (BII) for MSc Students
8 Research Fellowship(s) for R&D Initiation (BII) is(are) open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, for the project/R&D institution “BioISI – Biosystems & Integrative Sciences Institute”, “UIDP/04046/2020”, funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P./MCTES through national funds (PIDDAC) under the programme Strategic Project, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Systems Biology
2. Requirements for admission: BSc in Basic Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Informatics) or related fields; presentation of the scientific project abstract, being mandatory the option of one of the projects of the 3rd edition of BioISI Junior Programme, as well as the alignment of the project with BioISI’s strategic project.
3. Additional optional skills and qualifications: None
4. Contracting requirements: Presentation of the academic qualifications and/or diplomas. Enrolment in Master’s degree or Integrated Master’s degree in Systems Biology or related fields.
5. Work plan: It is mandatory that this plan is integrated in BioISI’s strategic project, defined by the candidate, with the support of a BioISI integrated member for its implementation.
6. Legislation framework: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, in accordance with Law 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current version and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships, in its current version (Reg. 950/2019 published in DR on 16th December and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation, as approved on 12th May 2020 (available at Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID).
7. Place of work: The work will be developed at the BioISI – Biosystems & Integrative Sciences Institute, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa under the scientific supervision of Professor BioISI integrated member with PhD.
8. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 3 months due to start in October 2023. The fellowship contract may be potentially renewed for 3 months.
9. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to € 541,12, according to table values of the fellowships awarded directly by the FCT, IP. The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, if not covered by any other social protection scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social. The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer
10. Evaluation and selection process: Candidates will be assessed by Curricular evaluation and integration in BioISI’s strategic project: weighted BSc. Final classification (35%); overall CV evaluation (35%); scientific project alignment with BioISI’s strategic project and goals (30%) Applicants whose application is scored with a final classification of less than 50 points are not eligible for granting a fellowship.
CALL FOR AWARDING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS WITHIN PROJECT GRANTS AND R&D INSTITUTIONS 11. Selection Committee: : Rui Malhó (BioISI Director; president); Patrícia Faísca (BioISI Vice Director; effective member; Ana Nunes (Principal investigator, effective member); Luísa Loison Romão (Principal Investigator at FCUL and INSA, alternate member); Raquel Chaves (Principal Investigator at UTAD, alternate member).
12. Publication/notification of results: All the candidates will be notified by e-mail, sent by the call holder, with the selection meeting minutes enclosed.
13. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 01/08/2023 to 18/08/2023 .
- 14. Application: Applications should be submitted through a form, available here – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13azya16yFb5GKYLNuA1xHqFcwVVxJNLQVD-Gq49PpII/edit?ts=64bfd5f4 , by attaching the following documents: a. Curriculum vitae;
- b. Certificate of completion of previous degree Note 1, 2;c. Certificate of classifications obtained in the Bachelor’s degree disciplines;
- d. Scientific project abstract, indicating the project intended to develop (options presented in the 3rd edition of BioISI Junior Programme and its alignment with BioISI’s strategic project.
15. Processing of personal data: FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, as the controller under the General Data Protection Regulation, collects and processes the personal data requested in the context indicated in paragraph 14., under the legitimate interests in ensuring the award of the research fellowship to candidates with the indicated profile. The personal data will be kept for the period necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they are intended, being ensured the processing and protection in an appropriate and diligent way, the confidentiality and integrity of these data, through appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Personal data may be transmitted to third parties, namely the entity funding the research project, solely for the purposes specifically established. In this sense, whenever the transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Union and/or international organizations is necessary, compliance with the applicable legal provisions is ensured. You have the right to request access, rectification, elimination, limitation of processing, the right to object and also data portability (if technically feasible), through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission. For more information, we recommend consulting the Internal Rules of Data Protection of FCiências.ID – Association for Research and Development of Sciences,
16. Time limits for the appeal procedure: In case of negative decision, the candidates have 10 business days, after the date of announcement of the results of the candidates’ evaluation, to pronounce their disagreement in accordance with the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. Appeals against the final decision may be submitted to the Administration Board of FCiências.ID (email@example.com ) within 15 business days after the notification date.
Note 1: The documents that prove the entitlement of the academic qualifications and diplomas can be dismissed during the application period and replaced by a declaration on their honour from the applicant (Minuta PT, Minute EN). Their delivery is mandatory for the fellowship contractualization.
Note 2: Please note that – higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions need to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, pursuant to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018 (August 16) and the Ministerial CALL FOR AWARDING RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS WITHIN PROJECT GRANTS AND R&D INSTITUTIONS Order nr. 33/2019 (January 25). The presentation of the recognition certificate is mandatory for contract signature.