The University of Bonn is an international research university offering a broad range of subjects. With a 200-year history, some 35,000 students, more than 6,000 employees and an outstanding reputation in Germany and abroad, the University of Bonn is one of the leading universities in Germany and has been awarded the status of a University of Excellence.
The professorship Crop Bioinformatics of the Institute of Crop Science and Resource Conservation is looking to fill the following position as soon as possible, on a fixed-term contract for three years: Postdoc Bioinformatics (full or part time)
The Crop Bioinformatics group of Prof. Dr. Heiko Schoof at the Institute for Crop Science and Resource Conservation is interested in the bioinformatics analysis of genome-function relationships primarily in crops. We identify candidate genes for stress adaptation and combine genome evolution such as duplication and gene family expansion with functional genomics data.
Currently, we are verifying candidates with drought stress experiments in maize mutants from the BonnMu collection. Methods for large-scale computations and analysis workflows, genome comparisons, protein function prediction and for visualization of genome-scale datasets are key topics.
- a PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, plant genomics or a related subject
- published in international peer-reviewed journals
- used to an independent and structured style of working in a team
- interested in the development of your own research interests and in writing your own grant applications
- communicative and self-assured with solid skills in scientific English
- a team-oriented research environment with a high level of independence
- stimulating research collaborations with computational, genomic and agricultural scientists
- a powerful HPC infrastructure
- the possibility to habilitate
- Salary according to Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L
- flexible working hours
- A temporary employment up to three years. An extension is possible
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university and aims to increase the number of women employed in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers.
Thus, women with relevant qualifications are encouraged to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable candidates with a certified disability or equivalent status are particularly welcome.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete and informative application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 64/23/3.202. For technical reasons, applications may only be submitted as a single PDF file.
Please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Heiko Schoof (phone +49 228 7360365) if you need any more information. Applications received by August 31st, 2023 will receive full consideration, but we re-serve the right to review application documents that are received after the deadline.