You will have an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to securing funding and be able to foster collaborative research partnerships with the Gulbali Institute’s strong network of partners in Agriculture, Water and the Environment.
You will generate high quality research outputs, transfer knowledge to industry and generate new marketable products and approaches nationally and internationally.
You will play a vital role in raising grant income, recruiting and graduating PhD students, securing research grants, and fostering international collaborations to enhance the university’s reputation in this discipline.
You will collaborate closely with government and industry partners to identify research priorities and design and implement research to address key priorities.
To be successful you will have:
- A doctoral qualification, relevant to the discipline.
- A distinguished record of academic achievement of national and/or international standing through distinguished contributions, including academic leadership, production of research and creative works above world class level in the field of Plant Science / Horticulture.
- Significant experience in, and comprehensive knowledge of the Plant Science / Horticulture field and can demonstrate being recognised as a leading authority at a national and international level evidenced by appropriately trending publication and citation rates and other discipline-specific metrics.
- Track record sourcing significant external funding, including large-multiyear grants, to build and maintain a long-term research program (including funding to support post-doctoral staff and students). Career evidence of external grant capture must be significant.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and building people capability; especially integrating into a large and diverse research institute which is internationally relevant.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, building and maintaining strong partnerships, networks and relationships to achieve professional and team objectives.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Gulbali Institute creates impactful integrated agriculture, water and environment research, grounded in Charles Sturt’s footprint across the Murray-Darling Basin, but with impact across Australia and globally.
The Institute brings together multidisciplinary teams to undertake research and innovation, focusing on:
- Agriculture – Optimising farm systems for performance and sustainability
- Water – Enhancing the health and resilience of freshwater ecosystems
- Environment – Promoting biodiversity across landscapes
Based at the heart of the food bowl of Australia, the Institute works in close collaboration with two commercial farms, one of the largest digital farms in the Southern Hemisphere, a commercial winery and vineyard of the future and a huge range of world class technical and industry standard facilities – clinics, glasshouses, labs and studios – spanning more than 2500 hectares.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award.
Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits!
Closing Date: 11 pm, 10 September 2023 Position Description
Applications close: – AUS Eastern Standard Time