The University of Marburg, founded in 1527, offers a variety of excellent programs of study for around 22,000 students and confronts the important topics of our time through excellent research across a broad spectrum of sciences.
At the Center for Synthetic Microbiology (SYNMIKRO) and the Department of Chemistry, Working Group Prof. Dr. Gert Bange, we offer up to two Research Assistants (Doctoral Researcher/PhD)
The position is offered for a period of 3 years, if no former times of qualification must be considered. The starting date is as soon as possible or date. The position is part-time (65 % of regular working hours) with salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position in the state Hesse, Germany (TV-H E 13, 65 %).
The positions are located in the ERC Advanced Grant project “KIWIsome”, funded by the European Union, which deals with the role of proteins in the plant defense against pathogens.
- Development of an original research project with high independence studying novel components of the plant immune system against pathogenic invaders
- Multidisziplinary collaboration within an international environment
- International communication in research by publications and participation in conferences
Within the framework of the assigned tasks, the opportunity for independent scientific work is offered, which serves own scientific qualification. The time limit is based on § 2 (1) Sentence 1 WissZeitVG.
- Successful degree from a university or similar higher education organization (Diploma, Master oder equal) in the field of biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or molecular plant pathology
- Experience in dealing with plants and/or microorganisms, in particular plant pathogens
- Experience in molecular biology and/or biochemistry
- Strong interest in unraveling molecular mechanisms
- Independent, autonomous thinking
- Motivated and passionate team player
The motivation to gain your own scientific qualification (e. g. through a doctoral project in the field of biochemistry/microbiology) is expected.
Philipps-Universität supports the professional development of young scientists, e.g. through the offers of the Marburg Research Academy (MARA), the International Office and the position for university didactic, and the possibility to participate in the graduate program International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS-Mic), and the Center for Synthetic Microbiology (SYNMIKRO).
Contact for more Information: Prof. Dr. Gert Bange +49 6421-28 23361 firstname.lastname@example.org
We support women and strongly encourage them to apply. In areas where women are underrepresented, female applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualifications. As a certified family-friendly university, we support our employees in balancing family and career.
A reduction of working time is possible. Applicants with a disability as discribed in SGB IX (§ 2 Abs. 2, 3) will be preferred in case of equal qualific. Application and interview costs can not be refunded.
Please apply using the button below by September 17th, 2023.