The University of Hohenheim is an innovative and research-intensive university in the south of Stuttgart with students from around 100 nations. Generously equipped research facilities, a baroque castle and extensive parks characterise the campus.
Modern teaching and cutting-edge research are combined in innovative subjects in the natural sciences, agricultural sciences and economics and social sciences. At the Institute of Clinical Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, the research group Human Nutrition and Dietetics (180c) offers a PhD position to investigate the taste-receptor related control of food intake.
- Participation in research projects including the independent conduction of experiments in the laboratory, cell culture, statistical analyses, and publication & presentation of the result.
- Participation in experiments with animal tissue and clinical human studies
- Participation in teaching in the field of human nutrition and dietetics
- Supervision of students in the laboratory
- Involvement in the organization of meetings, conferences, symposiums
- Involvement in organizational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- The ideal candidate must have a Master degree in Nutritional Sciences, Food Chemistry or related fields
- Interest and ideally first experience in taste research, chemoreceptors, and food choice analyses
- Hands-on experience in conducting experiments in the field of molecular biology such as gene expression analyses, sensory analyses, and statistical analysis
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills of MS Office, GraphPadPrism, SigmaPlot, R
What you can expect:
- A young and highly motivated research team with access to high-level instrumentation and infrastructure ·
- A dynamic and international research environment at one world’s top 14 percent of Universities in the current Times Higher Education Ranking ·
- The most beautiful University campus in Germany according to more than 20,000 students (StudyCheck)
Closing date for applications: September 22nd, 2023
With equal qualifications, preference will be given to candidates with disabilities.
Application deadline : 22.09.2023
Please attach the following documents to your application:
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents (please do not include a photo): Letter of application / motivation, curriculum vitae including publication and lecture lists as well as details and an explanation of research and teaching activities and also copies of degree certificates / confirmations. The position is to be filled as soon as possible. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Barbara Lieder (e-mail: email@example.com).
To apply: Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, list of publications) in German or English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Hohenheim accepts applications via a secure internet site. To the application