PhD student position in genetic epidemiology 100.00% auprès du Department of medico-surgical specialties of the University of Fribourg. The group of Prof. Julien Vaucher at the Department of medico-surgical specialties of the University of Fribourg (Switzerland) offers a PhD student position (100°/.) to study the link between clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential (CHIP) and the increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Using next-generation sequencing (NGS) results, the student will investigate the prospective links between CHIP, cardiovascular risk factors, caridovascular diseases and a range of environmental variables. The goal of the research is to identify and counteract risk factors that may lead to the development of cardiovascualr disease.
The analyses will be based on well-defined and establised data form the CoLaus|PsyCoLaus study. The position is part of a consortium performing genetic epidemiology (based in Fribourg), genetic research (based in CHUV, Lausanne) and basic science (based in EPFL, Lausanne).
The group of Prof. Julien Vaucher focuses on epidemiological research in the field of cardiovascular medicine. Using state-of-the-art and innovative approaches in (genetic) epidemiology, we aim to unravel novel associations and make causal inference between risk factors and disease outcomes to broaden our knowledge on, prevent, and reduce the burden of cardiometabolic conditions.
We offer :
- Collaborative research environment in a dynamic and competitive field
- Regular courses and seminars by UNIFR Life Science Graduate school on-site and in neighboring Universities of Lausanne and EPFL
- Friendly and cooperative research team
- English (or French) is main language
- You will learn to perform genetic and observational epidemiological analyses
- You will learn to conduct a project in epidemiology
- You will learn to report research in lab meetings, seminars, conferences and writing scientific articles
- Master in Science (or Medicine) with strong motivation to work in bioinformatics and handling genetic data
- Good communication and organizational skills, creative, and goal-oriented
- Capacity to collaborate to achieve common objectives
- Language skills – good knowledge of English (verbal and writing) a prerequisite
Exigences linguistiques autre: English, French
Date d’entrée en fonction: -01.11.2023
To apply: Applications to Prof. Julien Vaucher (firstname.lastname@example.org) , sending your complete documentation including letter of motivation, CV, copies of pertinent certificates, and contact details of two references. Deadline: 30.09.2023