At the Northwest German Forestry Research Institute in Göttingen – a joint institution of the states of Lower Saxony, Hesse, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein – as part of the project “Natural Forest Development (NWE) in Germany
– Quality assurance and improvement of access to information about the area stock ( NWeQZIF)” the position of the scientific assistant (m/f/d) to be filled on a temporary basis with 75% of the position from February 1st, 2024 to September 30th, 2026. The aim is to extend the time limit until December 31, 2026.
Scientific processing of the methodological and content-related questions of the project
• Development and implementation of a communication strategy with the target group of forest owners for data collection and use of information on areas with natural forest development (NWE)
• Content design of a decision support system for the selection, establishment, management and promotion of forest areas with natural development
• Content design of a website to present information about the NWE area backdrop
• Carrying out an information campaign about the decision support system developed in the project
• Organization of the meetings of the project-accompanying working group and a closing event
• Development of reports to the project sponsor
• Development of scientific publications based on the project results
• Presentation of the project results at conferences and in specialist committees
• Evaluation, interpretation and preparation of the project results for forestry and nature conservation practice in collaboration with the management of the natural forest research department
• Completed university studies (diploma or master) in communication sciences, forestry science/management, nature conservation, biology or comparable subject areas with complementary knowledge in the areas of nature conservation, forestry sciences or communication sciences
• Professional experience in (forest) nature conservation, forestry and specialist communication is an advantage
• Ability to work scientifically (concept development, publications, presentations)
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Good to very good knowledge of German, at least level B2, preferably C1
• Willingness to travel on business
A results-oriented way of working and a high level of work quality as well as personal initiative, independent action, flexibility and willingness to take responsibility within the scope of the task are required.
Applicants should have good organizational skills, a high level of commitment, the ability to work in a team and the ability to cooperate with external institutions.
We offer you an interesting professional field with committed, innovative colleagues.
The workplace is rated according to pay group 13 of the TV-L pay scale.
The place of employment is Hann. Münden.
As a family-friendly employer, we also support you in organizing your working hours in a family-friendly manner, offer a variety of forms of part-time employment and, in principle, the option of using mobile working.
The NW-FVA strives to reduce underrepresentation in all areas and positions. S. to dismantle the NGG. Therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome and can be given preferential consideration in accordance with Section 11 NGG.
Applicants with disabilities will also be given preferential consideration if they have the same suitability, ability and professional performance in accordance with the relevant regulations. In order to protect your interests, we ask you to indicate any disability/equality in the application.
Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome. Good knowledge of the German language is required; Minimum requirement Level B 2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Confirmations of receipt/intermediate messages will not be sent. There will be no return of application documents, so no original documents or certified copies need to be submitted with the application. These may be requested in connection with the inclusion of the application in the selection process.
If you still wish to return the documents, a stamped envelope must be enclosed with the application documents. Otherwise, the application documents will be destroyed after the tender process has been completed.
To apply by email, please use our email account email@example.com . The above regulations also apply here when the application is included in the selection process.
In order to be able to carry out the application process, it is necessary to save personal data.
By sending your application, you agree that we will store and process your data electronically for application purposes in compliance with data protection regulations. For further information on data protection, please see the data protection declaration for applicants.
Please send your detailed application by November 13th, 2023, stating the password “NWeQZIF – Communication”.Northwest German Forestry Research Institute
Dr. will be happy to provide you with further technical information. Peter Meyer (Tel.: 0551 / 69 401-180; firstname.lastname@example.org ). Questions about the application and selection process are answered by Dr. Georg Leefken (0551 / 69 401-112; email@example.com ).